My Grandma Leake (my father's mom) once told me that one thing she had learned over the years was to listen to that first little voice when you go to do something. That it's God telling you not to be fool. She said many times she would have the unexplained feeling that she should do something a certain way, and if she let herself rational out why she shouldn't she would always find herself latter kicking herself for not listen to that first thought.
It's one of those tidbits I've kept with me. Trust your first instinct. Trust your first inclination. I've found myself disliking people upon meeting them more then once and talking myself out of it, rationally laying out why it was silly to feel that way... only to find out that my first inclination was spot on down the road. I've found myself going through a project more then once just to realize that if I'd done it the way I originally thought (before I started trying to be practical about it) that it would have turned out better or easier. I've nearly learned to trust that first thought. I still let myself rational out things occasionally, and usually regret it. Sometimes innate reasoning is the most solid... even if we don't know how it works.
Of all the advice I've been given I count this advice the best.
Thank you God for my Grandma and her good advice, please tell her I said so too =)
- ► 2016 (31)
- ► 2015 (39)
- ► 2014 (159)
- We Found Mater!
- Grateful For #29: Toothbrushes
- Clearance Rocks! (saved $234-$289 off retail)
- Grateful For #28: Good Advice
- Cause this is how we do dinner.
- Extreme Couponing... I hate that show
- Grateful For #27: Cuddly Little Boys
- Tristian's School Picture
- Zeiger Cousins At Play
- Grateful for #26: Warm Winter Nights
- Leake Cousins At Play
- Grateful For #25: Quiet Moments of Prayer
- What Do You Do When Your Child REALLY Misbehaves I...
- $15 Homeschool Storage Solution Update: Part 3
- Grateful For #24: Jr Tae Kwon Do Classes
- $15 Homeschool Storage Solution Update: Part 2
- Grateful For #23: Free Will & Not Judging
- $15 Homeschool Storage Solution Update: Part 1
- Grateful For #22: Medical Advancement
- Teaching Trace to Read
- Grateful For #21: Vacations That Aren't Vacations
- Need Boxes For Moving? Storage? Whatever?
- Grateful For #20: Not Being Too Stupid Too Often
- Why We Plan Obsessively
- Grateful for #19: My Husband
- Cousin Henry's Bday Party
- First Day of Swimming Class 2013
- Grateful For #18: Quite Evenings
- Holiday Party
- Tristian's Page!
- Grateful For #17: Coffee
- I Can Sing Again (sorta...) Listen!
- Meal Planning Cost Break Down So Far
- Grateful For #16: Sleeping Babies
- Yay for Errand Days ;-)
- Summer Vacation 2013 Planning
- Grateful For #15: Chalk
- Thank You Cici's Pizza For Making It Right
- Coupons: Breaking Even Month of January
- Grateful for #14: Drinking Water
- Wet Burritos From Chili
- Grateful For #13: My Big Brother
- Kroger vs Walmart Green Beans
- Mom's Night Out
- Grateful for #12: Laughter
- Coupons, Deals and Sales... oh my
- Grateful for #11: Coloring Books
- Why People Don't Like Me (haha... but seriously)
- Grateful for #10: My Boys
- Getting Set Up to Coupon Again
- Grateful for #9: Freedom
- Great CS: The Passport Book (Mid-MO coupon book)
- Human Trafficking Awareness Day
- Grateful for #8: White Paint
- BREAKING NEWS: Trace Dresses Himself!
- Place Value and Manipulatives on the Fly
- Grateful For #7: Trace's Smile
- Our Missouri Homeschool Record Keeping
- Sleep is Overrated... and other things
- Grateful for #6: Sheepy
- The Magic Tree
- Grateful for #5: Baths
- Post Holiday Homeschool
- Grandparents: Not just for spoiling
- Grateful for #4: Shelter
- Grateful for #3: Books
- Bazil has a new home :(
- Some of my creations
- I Forget Who I Forgot
- Grateful for #2: Good Customer Service
- Grateful For #1: Deep Breaths
- Why I Extend Breastfeed
- Still Sick -.-
- Nothing Like Bonding With Your Parents Over...
- ▼ January (74)