Trevor and I have often agreed that one of the reasons we work so well is we are so similar for such different reasons. We've decided it boils down to our nature vs nurture being flipped. Trevor is by nature a pessimist, but he had such an amazing and positive childhood that he will for ever take for granted that everything will work out. I am by nature an optimist, but on the flip of Trevor- I take for granted that something will always mess up. The end result is two people, who for very different reasons... tend to be right on the same page with each other about just about everything. I look at things and see what could be. I can't help it any more then I can help having already looked at whatever it is. Everything I see is a shadow of what it could be... which is generally just amazing. Trevor looks at things are sees all the reasons it's not what it could be, but he knows what it could be and that he can get it there... we both have the same end ideas... just for very different reasons.
Without optimism being a built in part of who I am, I don't even want to think about where I would be right now. Not where I am. This Grateful For is a bit of a spin off of the Wanting To Be Happy Grateful For. I'm grateful optimism is part of who I am, naturally. I'm grateful optimism is an ingrained part of my husband through his nurture.
Thank you God for the gift of optimism. Please help all those who are struggling for any reason to find their own optimistic outlook.
- ► 2016 (31)
- ► 2015 (39)
- ► 2014 (159)
- Grateful For #57: Tylenol
- At The Doctor
- Grateful For #56: Having Wifi Back
- Stupid Sick Season
- Grateful For #55: Having Power and Internet Back
- Winter Wonderland
- Melting Popsicle Trick to Get Tristian to Eat =)
- Greatful For #54: CHOICES!
- February Magazine Round Up
- Grateful For #53: My Parents Help
- Peek A Boo!
- Breastmilk vs Icecream
- Grateful For #52: Family Time
- I Wish I Could Sleep Like that (sitting up)
- Grateful For #51: Optimism
- Greener and Simple Living Gifts
- Grateful For #50: A Safe Warm Place on a Cold Snow...
- More Snow
- Let It Snow..... (be careful what you wish for)
- Art Time =)
- Grateful For #49: that My Son Has A Brother
- Starfall Learning Is AMAZING!
- Grateful For #48: A Husband That Works At A Grocer...
- Breakfast With My Boys
- Grateful For #47: Salad and Feta Cheese
- No Matter How Slow You Are
- Grateful For #46: Sweet Moments
- In Other News....
- Grateful For #45: Flowers and Chocolate
- Are the Episodes Who He Would Have Been?
- Grateful For #44: Wanting to be Happy
- Making Check Out Flowers an Arrangement Tips
- Grateful For #43: Holidays and National Days
- Is this a Seizure? Is this connected to Autism?
- Happy Valentines Day!!!
- Grateful For #42: Childish Enthusiasm
- Valentine Heart Hershey Kiss Mice =)
- I LOVE FaveCrafts
- Grateful For #41: A Husband that Cooks! (well)
- Grateful For #40: Sleep
- I Wish I Could Sleep Like That! (in the car)
- Grateful For #39 Calculators
- Saving Money Online: Useful Sites
- Grateful For #38: Teachable Moments
- "Mom, when does Jesus make people alive again?"
- Grateful For #37: Love
- Love Is As Love Does
- Grateful For #36: Perspective
- Grateful For #35: The Public Library
- Ivory Soap Fluff Trick
- Grateful For #34: Another Year
- Happy 9th Bday Bubbles
- Grateful For #33: Kisses Hello
- FREE Lego Magazine!
- Corn Allergy: no on Gatorade, yes on Powerade
- IXL Math is Awesome! (and 35% off sale!)
- Grateful For #32: Late Nights With My Baby
- When Did You Stop Checking Their Breathing?
- Double Coupons at Shnucks
- Grateful For #31: Preplanned Curriculum
- I hate that it's funny to be mean, impolite or una...
- Grateful For #30: Being Grateful
- I Wish I Could Sleep Like That! (on the steps)
- ▼ February (64)