I'm sorry, today's Grateful For post is very late- I completely forgot. Today was a very, very bad day breathing wise. This cold has locked my lungs down much worse then they have been for several months. Of course the good side of that is that this is worse then I've dealt with for months rather then what happens every time I get a little sick or allergies flare up, like it had been for the three years before that. That is a very big positive! But today was not a very big positive. It was afternoon (and after more prednisone and several treatments) before I could get up and walk around.
That brings me to my Grateful For of the day. My parents watched the boys during the morning until I could. I am very, very grateful for that. Thank you Mom and Dad!
Another bad is that this is the second cold Trace has had in 2 months where he has displayed asthmatic symptoms.
I had very much hoped that he would not have asthma, as he did not seem to be displaying them before this. I can only guess that perhaps the immune support from the breastmilk has cushioned him up to now, and our grace period is over. The last cold Trace had we ended up in Urgent Care and the doctor assumed he had asthma, I had hoped it was just that bad of a cold. It might have been, and considering how bad this one is for me, this one might be also. Regardless I will be setting up an appointment with Tristian's pediatric pulmonologist to see what he thinks.
Trace has been nursing less... I've been wondering if he was moving towards self weaning. If that is the case then it's possible his immune system has reached maturity. The research I have looked into suggests that human children's immune system doesn't reach maturity until.... depending on the research you look at, anywhere from 3-6 years of age. Which just so happens to be the age range during when most human children will self wean. Possibly because most would then no longer need the extra immune support from Mom. With the loss of the extra support if Trace is asthmatic, it would make sense that during the transition from breastmilk would be when asthma symptoms begin to present if they had not already. Not to mention his brother's symptoms also only presented after weaning.
Anyways, thank you God for my parents and them being available to help with the boys today.
- ► 2016 (31)
- ► 2015 (39)
- ► 2014 (159)
- Grateful For #57: Tylenol
- At The Doctor
- Grateful For #56: Having Wifi Back
- Stupid Sick Season
- Grateful For #55: Having Power and Internet Back
- Winter Wonderland
- Melting Popsicle Trick to Get Tristian to Eat =)
- Greatful For #54: CHOICES!
- February Magazine Round Up
- Grateful For #53: My Parents Help
- Peek A Boo!
- Breastmilk vs Icecream
- Grateful For #52: Family Time
- I Wish I Could Sleep Like that (sitting up)
- Grateful For #51: Optimism
- Greener and Simple Living Gifts
- Grateful For #50: A Safe Warm Place on a Cold Snow...
- More Snow
- Let It Snow..... (be careful what you wish for)
- Art Time =)
- Grateful For #49: that My Son Has A Brother
- Starfall Learning Is AMAZING!
- Grateful For #48: A Husband That Works At A Grocer...
- Breakfast With My Boys
- Grateful For #47: Salad and Feta Cheese
- No Matter How Slow You Are
- Grateful For #46: Sweet Moments
- In Other News....
- Grateful For #45: Flowers and Chocolate
- Are the Episodes Who He Would Have Been?
- Grateful For #44: Wanting to be Happy
- Making Check Out Flowers an Arrangement Tips
- Grateful For #43: Holidays and National Days
- Is this a Seizure? Is this connected to Autism?
- Happy Valentines Day!!!
- Grateful For #42: Childish Enthusiasm
- Valentine Heart Hershey Kiss Mice =)
- I LOVE FaveCrafts
- Grateful For #41: A Husband that Cooks! (well)
- Grateful For #40: Sleep
- I Wish I Could Sleep Like That! (in the car)
- Grateful For #39 Calculators
- Saving Money Online: Useful Sites
- Grateful For #38: Teachable Moments
- "Mom, when does Jesus make people alive again?"
- Grateful For #37: Love
- Love Is As Love Does
- Grateful For #36: Perspective
- Grateful For #35: The Public Library
- Ivory Soap Fluff Trick
- Grateful For #34: Another Year
- Happy 9th Bday Bubbles
- Grateful For #33: Kisses Hello
- FREE Lego Magazine!
- Corn Allergy: no on Gatorade, yes on Powerade
- IXL Math is Awesome! (and 35% off sale!)
- Grateful For #32: Late Nights With My Baby
- When Did You Stop Checking Their Breathing?
- Double Coupons at Shnucks
- Grateful For #31: Preplanned Curriculum
- I hate that it's funny to be mean, impolite or una...
- Grateful For #30: Being Grateful
- I Wish I Could Sleep Like That! (on the steps)
- ▼ February (64)