Yesterday we finally did the Ivory soap fluff trick. Tristian had a blast!
We used half a bar of Ivory and kept the other half bar to compare. I think it would have filled the microwave if we had used an entire bar!
We talked about what we thought was going to happen before we put it in the microwave, then what we thought had happened. The first thing Tris said after we took it out was, "POPCORN!" lol, yeah- that is the first comparision that comes to mind ;-)
If you haven't heard of this (it's all over pinterest lol), you just put some soap in a microwave safe dish in the microwave for about a minute. Nothing bad happens, it fluffs up until it doesn't anymore, you stop it, let it cool then take it out. It's pretty neat. It becomes hard and brittle but it still just soap.
He got to do whatever he wanted. Poored water on in, tried to poke holes, smashed it into tiny little flakes. He had fun, and since it's soap it was extremely easy to clean up, lol. It did make quite a mess, but a wet washcloth took care of it in short order.
Overall a very fun exercise =)
- ► 2016 (31)
- ► 2015 (39)
- ► 2014 (159)
- Grateful For #57: Tylenol
- At The Doctor
- Grateful For #56: Having Wifi Back
- Stupid Sick Season
- Grateful For #55: Having Power and Internet Back
- Winter Wonderland
- Melting Popsicle Trick to Get Tristian to Eat =)
- Greatful For #54: CHOICES!
- February Magazine Round Up
- Grateful For #53: My Parents Help
- Peek A Boo!
- Breastmilk vs Icecream
- Grateful For #52: Family Time
- I Wish I Could Sleep Like that (sitting up)
- Grateful For #51: Optimism
- Greener and Simple Living Gifts
- Grateful For #50: A Safe Warm Place on a Cold Snow...
- More Snow
- Let It Snow..... (be careful what you wish for)
- Art Time =)
- Grateful For #49: that My Son Has A Brother
- Starfall Learning Is AMAZING!
- Grateful For #48: A Husband That Works At A Grocer...
- Breakfast With My Boys
- Grateful For #47: Salad and Feta Cheese
- No Matter How Slow You Are
- Grateful For #46: Sweet Moments
- In Other News....
- Grateful For #45: Flowers and Chocolate
- Are the Episodes Who He Would Have Been?
- Grateful For #44: Wanting to be Happy
- Making Check Out Flowers an Arrangement Tips
- Grateful For #43: Holidays and National Days
- Is this a Seizure? Is this connected to Autism?
- Happy Valentines Day!!!
- Grateful For #42: Childish Enthusiasm
- Valentine Heart Hershey Kiss Mice =)
- I LOVE FaveCrafts
- Grateful For #41: A Husband that Cooks! (well)
- Grateful For #40: Sleep
- I Wish I Could Sleep Like That! (in the car)
- Grateful For #39 Calculators
- Saving Money Online: Useful Sites
- Grateful For #38: Teachable Moments
- "Mom, when does Jesus make people alive again?"
- Grateful For #37: Love
- Love Is As Love Does
- Grateful For #36: Perspective
- Grateful For #35: The Public Library
- Ivory Soap Fluff Trick
- Grateful For #34: Another Year
- Happy 9th Bday Bubbles
- Grateful For #33: Kisses Hello
- FREE Lego Magazine!
- Corn Allergy: no on Gatorade, yes on Powerade
- IXL Math is Awesome! (and 35% off sale!)
- Grateful For #32: Late Nights With My Baby
- When Did You Stop Checking Their Breathing?
- Double Coupons at Shnucks
- Grateful For #31: Preplanned Curriculum
- I hate that it's funny to be mean, impolite or una...
- Grateful For #30: Being Grateful
- I Wish I Could Sleep Like That! (on the steps)
- ▼ February (64)