Tuesday, February 26
Melting Popsicle Trick to Get Tristian to Eat =)
Yesterday I made the boys lunch. Still not breathing well at all so the food was nothing spectacular, but not bad by any means. Almond butter on gluten free bread sandwiches, banana slices, and gluten free pretzels. Two bites into the sandwich and, "I'm full, Mom. I'm done." No... no you're not.
See that blue popsicle on the plate? That's my solution. He only gets however much of the popsicle that doesn't melt before the rest of lunch is eaten. If he takes too long and it all melts... no popsicle. I know, popsicles are not healthy at all, but I rather think not eating is probably less healthy. Not to mention we're spending thousands upon thousands of dollars on growth hormone that can not work if it doesn't have any fuel to use to help him grow. I may look into some trays to make juice into popsicles or something if needed and maybe we can get him in the habit of eating his meals in a normal time frame.
Know what else? He ate his plate in 10-15 minutes. Not much of the popsicle had melted at all. Fastest I've seen him eat a meal in a loooonnnggg time =) So it worked. Hurray!
Do you have any tips or tricks you use(d) to get your kids to eat?
- ► 2016 (31)
- ► 2015 (39)
- ► 2014 (159)
- Grateful For #57: Tylenol
- At The Doctor
- Grateful For #56: Having Wifi Back
- Stupid Sick Season
- Grateful For #55: Having Power and Internet Back
- Winter Wonderland
- Melting Popsicle Trick to Get Tristian to Eat =)
- Greatful For #54: CHOICES!
- February Magazine Round Up
- Grateful For #53: My Parents Help
- Peek A Boo!
- Breastmilk vs Icecream
- Grateful For #52: Family Time
- I Wish I Could Sleep Like that (sitting up)
- Grateful For #51: Optimism
- Greener and Simple Living Gifts
- Grateful For #50: A Safe Warm Place on a Cold Snow...
- More Snow
- Let It Snow..... (be careful what you wish for)
- Art Time =)
- Grateful For #49: that My Son Has A Brother
- Starfall Learning Is AMAZING!
- Grateful For #48: A Husband That Works At A Grocer...
- Breakfast With My Boys
- Grateful For #47: Salad and Feta Cheese
- No Matter How Slow You Are
- Grateful For #46: Sweet Moments
- In Other News....
- Grateful For #45: Flowers and Chocolate
- Are the Episodes Who He Would Have Been?
- Grateful For #44: Wanting to be Happy
- Making Check Out Flowers an Arrangement Tips
- Grateful For #43: Holidays and National Days
- Is this a Seizure? Is this connected to Autism?
- Happy Valentines Day!!!
- Grateful For #42: Childish Enthusiasm
- Valentine Heart Hershey Kiss Mice =)
- I LOVE FaveCrafts
- Grateful For #41: A Husband that Cooks! (well)
- Grateful For #40: Sleep
- I Wish I Could Sleep Like That! (in the car)
- Grateful For #39 Calculators
- Saving Money Online: Useful Sites
- Grateful For #38: Teachable Moments
- "Mom, when does Jesus make people alive again?"
- Grateful For #37: Love
- Love Is As Love Does
- Grateful For #36: Perspective
- Grateful For #35: The Public Library
- Ivory Soap Fluff Trick
- Grateful For #34: Another Year
- Happy 9th Bday Bubbles
- Grateful For #33: Kisses Hello
- FREE Lego Magazine!
- Corn Allergy: no on Gatorade, yes on Powerade
- IXL Math is Awesome! (and 35% off sale!)
- Grateful For #32: Late Nights With My Baby
- When Did You Stop Checking Their Breathing?
- Double Coupons at Shnucks
- Grateful For #31: Preplanned Curriculum
- I hate that it's funny to be mean, impolite or una...
- Grateful For #30: Being Grateful
- I Wish I Could Sleep Like That! (on the steps)
- ▼ February (64)