Tuesday, March 26
The Writing on the Wall (journal activity)
So I've been trying to find ways to get him into writing.
We have Tristian's Page (CLICK HERE) where he gets to type up his journal entries and post them on our blog. That helps some, but once the honeymoon phase of that concept wore off Tris was only slightly more inclined towards writing. Although, comments and questions on his posts help a lot, so feel free to leave him a reply or two =)
Today I had the idea of writing the journal entry on the wall. With chalk of course (which wipes right off). Trace has a real bad problem with writing on the wall, in whatever medium he can get his hands on. We've dealt with this by making it ok to write on the wall with chalk, and chalk alone. I was trying to figure out how to get Tris into writing yesterday, and was watching Trace scribble on the wall. Ah-Ha (Ah-Ha moments aren't just for the kids lol).
So Tris did his journal on the wall rather then paper =) It was a novel experience and managed to get him to write the entry with minimal fuss. I've got some window markers I think we'll try out on the sliding door for tomorrows journal ;-)
You can see Tris' journal entries on his page-
- ► 2016 (31)
- ► 2015 (39)
- ► 2014 (159)
- Brotherly (in law) Bonding
- Grateful For #86: Easter Egg Hunts! (videos)
- Happy Easter!!!
- Grateful For #85: Sandboxes!
- Handmade Hats For Trace =)
- Grateful For #84: Spring Flowers
- Read Along Toy Story
- BIG NEWS- Tristian Loves Getting Replies!!!
- Grateful For #83: Nice Weather
- Using Other's Images and Writings
- Grateful For #82: Melting Snow!
- Ladder Yarn Necklaces
- Grateful For #81: Ah-Ha! Moments
- The Writing on the Wall (journal activity)
- Grateful For #81: Hot Showers
- Where In The World Is Spring!?!? (LOTS more snow)
- Grateful for #80: Yummy Food and Good Shows
- Exploring More About Animals
- Grateful For # 79: Being Home Safe and Sound
- Educational Game Fundraises with Discounts and Giv...
- Decorative ScrapStar (also in Monroe)
- Grateful For #78: Shared Viewpoints
- Doctor Who and Torchwood
- Grateful For #77: Crafts
- Mod Podge Easter Basket Craft =)
- Grateful For #76: Less Debt
- Me Dolls (for All About ME! unit)
- Free App- Counting with the Very Hungry Caterpille...
- Oh Look- A Tunnel!
- Grateful For #75: Tax Refund Being On Time
- Asthma Attacks Don't Come With Sirens
- Grateful For #74: Trace Only Having Allergies
- Doctor Office Update
- Eating Breakfast Waiting To Call Doctor
- A New Blog Design!
- Grateful For #73: Catechism
- Reward Choosing/Planning for the Zoo
- Grateful For #72: Warmer Weather
- Rediscovered YUM- Apples and Nutella
- Grateful For #71: Mod Podge
- ALL YOU: March Magazine Coupon Round Up
- Grateful For #71: Monkey Trace
- IMP Wildlife Explorer Trial Set Experience
- Grateful For #70: Washers and Dryers
- Mom vs Bathtime- Toddler Wins
- Grateful For #69: Daylight Savings Time
- Profile Photo Fun
- Grateful For #68: Educational Shows
- Just About the Boys and My Health
- Grateful For #67: Rainy Sunday Afternoon Naps
- Teaching Rhymes
- Grateful For #66: Being Us
- Keepsake Box Craft
- Grateful For #65: Warmer Weather Snow Fun
- Video- Last Sledding of the Season (hopefully)
- Grateful For #64: Simple Pleasures
- Give Trace a Large Ball...
- Grateful For #63: Beanitos Chips
- To Be a Kid in a Bubble Bath
- Grateful For #62: A Husband That Brings Me Supper ...
- Winter Charm Bracelet
- Grateful For #61: State Taxes Being Accepted
- What's In A Name? (activity)
- Grateful For #60: Taxes being done
- I Wish I Could Sleep Like That! (on Daddy)
- Grateful for #59: Toys
- Last Couple Weeks Deal Stacking
- Grateful For #58: Good Health Insurance
- Why Netflix Is On The Way Out (and should be)
- ▼ March (69)