Tuesday, April 16
10,000 Steps A Day (goal)
The first day I did free step on the Wii Fit for 30 minutes and took about 3k steps according to the Wii Fit. Not terrible, I assume with such a teeny step as the Wii Fit board is that it would still be pretty close to the same as a normal walking step effort wise. So that's about 3mph (generally every 2k steps is one mile) that's average walking speed. Not bad.
The next day I did it again and tried an experiment. I thought I'd noticed a few times the day before, before I switched to tv, that it wasn't counting my steps. So this time I stayed on the screen and counted my own steps manually. There were multiple times it skipped and I was careful to be making complete steps. At one point the count froze for quite some time. I even stopped, stepped off completely and then stepped up... still no count up. I continued stepping and the count started a minute or two later (and my ending time put in the wii fit bank was 26 minutes instead of 30, even though I was stepping the whole time). My manual counting came out more then 1000 steps above the Wii Fit's count.... so that was good to know ;-) My manual count put me just over 3500 steps (the wii fit's put me just under 2500). Although, to it's credit it did count 3200 steps the next day- maybe that middle day was just the Wii Board having an off day 0.o Still, maybe I should invest in a pedometer....
So if I do a half hour twice a day- while the boys are eating breakfast and during their tv show time (we try to limit how much tv the boys watch, they get much harder to handle the more tv the get) then that would put me at around 7k steps a day just in one hour. The last 3k should be easy to get throughout the day I'd think?
- ► 2016 (31)
- ► 2015 (39)
- ► 2014 (159)
- Grateful For #116: A New Niece
- Our April (In Photo/videos)
- Grateful For #115: Hobby Lobby
- April Home Improvement Savings
- Grateful For #114: Strawberries and Creme (and sma...
- Have You Seen This Billboard?
- Grateful For #113: Getting Stuff Done
- Hahaha- My Boys
- Grateful For #112: Playdates (for Mom and Kids)
- Other Vacation Thoughts
- Grateful For #111: Homeschool Recess
- Vacation Plans- Barry Before Art Afternoon
- Grateful For #110: Finally Some Quiet wih Trevor!
- Vacation Plans- Quincy Mall Day
- Grateful For #109: Remembering to Back Up Our Blog...
- Vacation Plans- Quincy Museums and Tours Day
- Grateful For #108: Monday Coming
- Vacation Plans- Hannibal Day
- Grateful for #107: Golden Corral
- Summer Vacation Planning Update
- Grateful For #106: Rechargeable Batteries
- Break In Pictures
- Grateful For #105: Being Gone When House Was Broke...
- Dollar Store Bug World
- Grateful For #104: Completed Tasks
- Couponing Cost April 2013 Update
- Grateful For #103: Passed Tornado Warning
- $5 Bug Exploration Kit
- Grateful For #102: Wonderful Friendly Restaurants
- 10,000 Steps A Day (goal)
- Grateful for #101: Having a Vacation Date
- So Ready To Be Done!
- Grateful For #100: Library Book Sales (when my par...
- Trace Sings His AB Boom Booms (video)
- Greatful For #99: Trace Said "Love You Mom"!!!
- Thank You for the Micky Mouse Birthday!
- Bill Nye the Science Guy
- Grateful For #98: Tape
- Home Remedies You Take For Granted
- Grateful For #97: Bonus Checks
- Get Alerts When the Price is Right!
- Grateful For #96: Nature In Our Yard (geese pair o...
- Spring Treasure Hunt Planting and Decorating
- Grateful For #95: NWT $4.99 Shoes
- Spring Planting Treasure Hunt Activity
- Grateful For #94: GORGEOUS Weather!
- You might be getting older...
- Grateful For #93: Master Bathroom Floor Being Done...
- Cleaning Recipes Dos and Don'ts
- Thankful For #92: Children Bringing Me a Dinosaur ...
- Yoga with Mimi
- Grateful for #91: Funny Pet Moments
- Christian Money Board Game (printable)
- Once Upon a Time (I don't like Emma)
- Grateful For #90: A Day Spent With All My Boys!
- I Wish I Could Sleep Like That (on a pillow in the...
- Grateful For #89: Dinner With Family
- Spring Treasure Hunt Plan ($ store supplies)
- Grateful For #88: Online Resources
- The Ultimate Sorting Lesson (laundry)
- Endocrinologist Appointment Didn't Go So Well
- Grateful For #87: Easter Wagon Rides (video)
- Spring Charm Bracelet
- ▼ April (63)